Join us for the first ever Cowtown C.A.L.F. Running Camp! Help keep your child active over the summer and encourage their love of running.
June 20-24 OR June 27-July (Monday-Friday)
9AM to 12PM
Ages 7-12 (entering 2nd grade-entering 6th grade)
at UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth (3500 Camp Bowie Blvd. FW, TX 76107 on the Medical Education and Training Building Lawn)
$125/child, we offer a limited amount of grants for those in need
(Once form is filled out, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
We would like to thank Bill Berenson Injury Law for sponsoring these students!
Support the Cowtown C.A.L.F.® (Children's Activities for Life & Fitness) Program to promote and educate children about the importance of creating a healthy lifestyle through physical fitness and nutrition.
The C.A.L.F.® Program has seen tremendous growth, especially over the past decade. Here is a timeline of C.A.L.F.® milestones:
- The Cowtown® Marathon kids program has been able to assist in various youth wellness initiatives in the North Texas area since 1984.
- The scholarship program for youth wellness participation in qualifying events began in 2007.
- The program was formally established as the Children's Activities for Life & Fitness (C.A.L.F.®) program in 2009. This was also the first year the Cowtown® purchased New Balance running shoes to begin providing to qualifying grant recipients.
- In 2011 Running USA named The Cowtown® as "Top 2011 Kids Running Event in the Nation"
- The success of the 2015 Cowtown® race weekend, allowed for The Cowtown C.A.L.F.® program to provide over 5,000 financial grants to youth in need - including new running shoes!
The Cowtown C.A.L.F.® program has North Texas youth on the run!
In 2015, we had more than 85 schools and community centers participate in The Cowtown® Kids 5K.
The C.A.L.F.® (Children’s Activities for Life andFitness) program supports running clubs by providing educational assemblies, pedometers and training logs to help educate children on the benefits of an active lifestyle. The program is guided by the volunteer C.A.L.F.® council consisting of coaches, physicians, Cowtown® board members, andcommunity leaders. The goal of the C.A.L.F.® program is to promote an active lifestyle for North Texas Children, and to encourage this as they mature into adulthood.
No child is excluded from participating because of financial hardship. The Cowtown C.A.L.F.® program is proud to award more than 5,000 grants to area youth. The grants provide a new pair of running shoes and entry fee assistance to participate in the 2016 Cowtown® Kids 5K. We were able to increase the number of grants given by more than 1,200 in 2015 because of the continued support of The Cowtown® runners. The Cowtown® staff and volunteers are looking forward to continued growth and success of The C.A.L.F.® program.