Team Packet Pick Up
(Team of 25 or more runners ONLY pick up at office, all School Teams pick up at office)
Team packet pick-up is at The Cowtown Office located at 2617 Whitmore Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107. If a team has over 25 participants, that team captain will pick up the team box which includes everyone’s bibs, runner shirts and safety pins. Appointments can be set up to cut down on wait time, emails will be sent to team captains in February to sign up for a time.
INDIVIDUAL PACKET PICK UP
(and teams of under 25 runners)
Health & Fitness Expo at Amon Carter Jr. Exhibit Hall in Will Rogers Memorial Center, located at 3400 Burnett Tandy Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76107. Individual packets are not available before race weekend.
You may pick up your packet Friday, February 22, 2019 (11:30AM – 7:00PM). If you are unable to make it Friday to pick up your packet, you may pick it up Saturday, February 23, 2019 no later than 45 minutes prior to the start of your race (Doors open at 6:00AM). We do not recommend this option due to the amount of runners and spectators that will be traveling in the morning of the race. You can also have a friend or family member pick up your race packet for you. They will need your name, DOB, race you’re registered for and bib number. Bib assignments are emailed out during race week. All people picking up packets must have their Driver’s License with them.
You may pick up your packet Friday, February 22, 2019 (11:30AM – 7:00PM) or Saturday, February 23, 2019 (6:00AM – 5:00PM).You can also have a friend or family member pick up your race packet for you. They will need your name, DOB, race you’re registered for and bib number. Bib assignments are emailed out during race week. Bib assignments are emailed out during race week runner packets are not available on Sunday so please make arrangements for a friend or family member pick up your race packet for you if you are not able to. All people picking up packets must have their Driver’s License with them.
Race Weekend Maps
Click the link above to view or download a printable version of our race maps.
Pacer list and chart to be released in February 2019
WHAT IF I HAVE A SCHEDULE CONFLICT AND CAN’T MAKE IT, OR I INJURE MYSELF? CAN I GET A REFUND?
The Cowtown has a 41-year policy of not offering refunds or deferments. Registered runners who become injured or are unable to make the event will be able to transfer their entry fee to someone else for a fee of $25. Scroll down to find instructions on how to transfer your race. Since we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit, you may use your race registration as a charitable donation for your tax purposes. (Our tax ID is 75-2198418).
HOW DO I TRANSFER MY RACE TO ANOTHER RUNNER?
Login into Race Roster. There are transfer instructions on the main page under the pricing table. You can transfer your entry up until February 18th for a $25 fee.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE MY RACE?
Until February 18, you can change your race online. Login into Race Roster. Click “Transfer.”
RACE CHANGE CALENDAR
- November 30th: Final day to change your race online at no charge
- December 1 – February 18: You may change your race online (fees apply).
- After February 18: All changes must be made at the Health & Fitness Expo during race weekend.
To change your race after January 19th, you will need to pick up your runner bib first at the expo and then head to the Solutions Desk. Please keep in mind we have capacity limits on all races, and that changing races will only be possible if we have not reached capacity in that distance. There will be a $25 RACE CHANGE FEE with any applicable upgrade fee AFTER December 31st.
- Friday, Feb. 22nd 11:30AM – 7:00PM
- Saturday, Feb. 23rd 6:00AM – 5:00PM
WHAT IS THE COWTOWN CHALLENGE?
The Cowtown Challenge is for anyone registered who completes two races–one on Saturday and one on Sunday. If you register for your Sunday race first, you may then add your Saturday race on the same registration form. Doing it separately? No worries. As long as you are registered by the same name and birth date, our system will automatically recognize you as a Cowtown Challenge runner. As a Challenge runner you will also receive a challenge bag and challenge finisher’s medal after your Sunday race.
WHAT IF I REGISTER FOR MY TWO RACES AT SEPARATE TIMES, WILL I STILL BE IN THE COWTOWN CHALLENGE?
Yes. As long as you are registered under the same name and date of birth for both races, our system will automatically recognize you as a challenge runner, no matter when you registered for your races.
DO YOU ALLOW STROLLERS?
Strollers are allowed for your children, provided you indicate this during your registration. Strollers are defined as something pushed, not pulled.
In addition to indicating on your registration that you plan to push your child in a stroller, we require you to start in the last corral, regardless of your pace. In the interest of safety for you, your child(ren) and all participants, you must use caution and yield the right of way to other runners.
CAN I USE MORE THAN ONE PROMO CODE ON THE SAME REGISTRATION?
No, only one promo code is allowed per registration.
IS THE COWTOWN MARATHON A BOSTON MARATHON QUALIFIER?
Yes, the Cowtown Marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifying event. The Cowtown Ultra Marathon is also a Boston Marathon qualifying event. We will have a timing mat to capture your marathon time at Mile 26.2 along the Ultra Marathon course.
I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT TO THE HEALTH & FITNESS EXPO. CAN I HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND PICK UP MY PACKET FOR ME?
Yes. To do so, they will need your full name, DOB, which race you’re registered for, Bib number and their Drivers License. Bib assignments will be sent out the week of the race.
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE OPEN?
The Full Marathon course and Ultra Marathon course presented by Miller Lite courses are open for 7.5 hours.
The Half Marathon course is open 4.5 hours.
The 10K course is open 2.5 hours.
The Adults 5K and Kids 5K is open 1.5 hours.
DO YOU ALLOW WALKERS IN THE ULTRA MARATHON PRESENTED BY MILLER LITE, MARATHON , OR HALF MARATHON?
Yes, walkers are welcome as long as they are able to complete the course within the cutoff time. The Ultra Marathon presented by Miller Lite and Full Marathon will remain open and completely supported for 7.5 hours. The Half Marathon will remain open and completely supported for 4.5 hours.
WILL THERE BE GEAR CHECK AVAILABLE?
Gear check will be available prior to the race. Clear bags will be provided at packet pick up. Personal belongings will only be accepted in the clear gear check bags provided at packet pickup. No exceptions.
WILL THERE BE PACE LEADERS FOR THE ULTRA MARATHON PRESENTED BY MILLER LITE, MARATHON OR HALF MARATHON?
Yes. We have pace leaders for all marathon events. They will have a booth set up at the Health & Fitness Expo.
CAN I CHANGE WHICH CORRAL I START IN?
You will only be permitted to move backward. For example, if you have been assigned Corral 2, you can start in Corral 3 if you’d like. However, you may not move forward into Corral 1.
DOES THE COWTOWN DONATE TO A CHARITY?
The Cowtown Marathon is a nonprofit organization promoting health and fitness in the community. By running Cowtown races, runners are supporting The C.A.L.F. (Children’s Activities for Life & Fitness) Program, which provides training to help children develop a lifelong love of fitness. A grant program is offered for students in need of funding their entries into the Kid’s 5K. In addition, these children are provided with school visits from our staff, where they are given training tools, instruction on nutrition and running tips, and quality running shoes to help them achieve their goals.
The Cowtown has partnerships with several local charities where runners raise funds for various causes, such as Alzheimer’s Association and Team RWB.
WHERE ARE YOUR FLUID STATIONS ALONG THE COURSES?
The fluid stations are located approximately every 1.5 miles along the courses. Each fluid station will have water and an electrolyte replacement. There will be medical support and portalets at each station.
DO YOU ALLOW PETS TO RUN?
No. Due to the large number of runners on Saturday and Sunday, we do not allow pets on the course, for their safety and for the safety of all our runners.
Parking details will be released in January.
Event Pace Teams
Pacers will be provided by The Cowtown and available for all marathon race events (Ultra, Full and Half). You can meet your Pace Leader before the race at the designated Pacer Booth at the Health & Fitness Expo to answer any pre-race questions. We will have a pacer table posted closer to the race.
The fluid stations are located approximately 1.5 miles along the courses. Each fluid station will have water, 50/50 diluted Powerade. There will also be porta lets and medical support at each fluid station. There will be Energy Gels provided by GU at miles 5, 11, 15, 19, 21 and 23 for the Marathon distances.
SATURDAY FLUID STATIONS
- A – Monticello Dr. and Dorothy Ln. – 10K only
- B – Bailey Ave. and Rockwood Park Dr. – 10K only
- C – Shamrock Ave. and Wimberly St. – 10K only
- D – W. 7th St. and Foch St. – 10K only
- E – Trinity Park Dr. and Pavilion #5 in Trinity Park – 5K only
SUNDAY FLUID STATIONS
- 1 – Trinity Park Duck Pond. Stayton St. and Trinity Park Dr. (Appx. Mile 1.5 – H/F/U)
- 2 – Fort Worth Tire and Service. White Settlement Rd. and Boland St. (Appx. Mile 3.0 – H/F/U)
- 3 – Oakwood Cemetery. Grand Ave. and Lincoln Ave. (Appx. Mile 4.5 – H/F/U)
- 4 – Fire Station. Ellis Ave. and NW 22nd St. (Appx. Mile 6.0 – H/F/U)
- 5 (+ GU)– Cana’s and Flores Attorneys. N. Main St. and NW 14th St. (Appx. Mile 8.0 – H/F/U)
- 6 – N. Main St. and NW 5th St. (Appx. Mile 9.0 – H/F/U)
- 7 – Houston St. and W. 5th St. (Appx. Mile 10 – H/F/U)
- 8 – Child Study Center. W. Lancaster Ave. and Collier St. (Appx. Mile 11 – H only)
- 9 – Lonestar Banner and Flags 212 S Main St. (Appx. Mile 11 – F/U)
- 10 – Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders 800 W Magnolia Ave. (Appx. Mile 12 – F/U)
- 11(+GU) – Former Cowtown Office. 1612 Park Place Ave. (Appx. Mile 13 –F/U)
- 12 – Winton Terrace E. and Westcott Rd. (Appx Mile 14 – F/U)
- 13 – TCU School of Business. W. Lowden St. and Lubbock Ave. (Appx. Mile 15 – F/U)
- 14 – Bluebonnet Circle. Rogers Ave. and W. Biddison St. (Appx. Mile 16.5) – F/U)
- 15 (+ GU) – 3839 South Hills Cir. (Appx. Mile 18 – F/U)
- 16 – Foster Park. Trail Lake Dr. and Sierra Ct. (Appx. Mile 19 – F/U)
- 17 – Pebblebrook Ct. and Hartwood Dr. (Appx. Mile 20.5 – F/U)
- 18 – Colonial Golf Course. Country Club Cir. and Colonial Pkwy. (Appx. Mile 22 – F/U)
- 19 (+ GU) – Rogers Rd. and Riverfront Dr. (Appx. Mile 23 – F/U)
- 20 – Trinity Park. (Appx. Mile 24 – F/U)
- 21 (+ GU) – Trinity Trail 0 Mile Marker – HAWS Athletic (Appx. Mile 26.5 – U only)
- 22 – Trinity Trails Ultra Turnaround (Appx. Mile 27.5 – U only)
- 23 (+ GU) – Trinity Trail 0 Mile Marker – HAWS Athletic (Appx. Mile 28.5 – U only)
- 24 – Trinity Park. River Dr. and Trinity Park Dr. (Appx. Mile 25.5 – F / Mile 30.0 – U)
Our fluid stations are supported by a team of enthusiastic volunteers! For more information on how to volunteer at a fluid station, please email [email protected]