Packet Pickup - 2018
Team Packet Pick Up
Team packet pick-up is at The Cowtown Office located at 2617 Whitmore Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107. Team captains will pick up the team box which includes everyone’s bibs, runner shirts and safety pins. Appointments can be set up to cut down on wait time, emails will be sent to team captains in February to sign up for a time.
- Wednesday, February 14th (8AM – 6PM)
- Thursday, February 15th (8AM – 6PM)
- Friday, February 16th (8AM – 6PM)
- Saturday, February 17th (9AM – 2PM)
INDIVIDUAL PACKET PICK UP
Health & Fitness Expo at Amon Carter Jr. Exhibits Hall in Will Rogers Memorial Center, located at 3400 Burnett Tandy Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76107. Individual packets are not available before race weekend.
You may pick up your packet Friday, February 23, 2018 (11:30AM – 7:00PM). If you are unable to make it Friday to pick up your packet, you may pick it up Saturday, February 24, 2018 no later than 45 minutes prior to the start of your race (Doors open at 6:00AM). We do not recommend this option due to the amount of runners and spectators that will be traveling in the morning of the race. You can also have a friend or family member pick up your race packet for you. They will need your name, DOB, race you’re registered for and bib number. Bib assignments are emailed out during race week.
You may pick up your packet Friday, February 23, 2018 (11:30AM – 7:00PM) or Saturday, February 24, 2018 (6:00AM – 5:00PM).You can also have a friend or family member pick up your race packet for you. They will need your name, DOB, race you’re registered for and bib number. Bib assignments are emailed out during race week. Bib assignments are emailed out during race week runner packets are not available on Sunday so please make arrangements for a friend or family member pick up your race packet for you if you are not able to.
Race Weekend Maps - 2018
Click the link above to view or download a printable version of our race maps.
*Street Closure feature is a work in progress and a full list of closures is available on the website under course maps.
SATURDAY RACE DAY EVENT MAP
sunday RACE DAY EVENT MAP
FAQ's - 2018
WHAT IF I HAVE A SCHEDULE CONFLICT AND CAN’T MAKE IT, OR I INJURE MYSELF? CAN I GET A REFUND?
The Cowtown has a 40-year policy of not offering refunds or deferments. Registered runners who become injured or are unable to make the event will be able to transfer their entry fee to someone else for a fee of $20. Scroll down to find instructions on how to transfer your race. Since we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit, you may use your race registration as a charitable donation for your tax purposes. (Our tax ID is 75-2198418).
HOW DO I TRANSFER MY RACE TO ANOTHER RUNNER?
First, login into Race Roster. There will be a transfer button that appears and gives you two options. To transfer your entry, select transfer to a new participant. From there, follow the listed instructions. There is a $20 transfer fee. The Cowtown does not provide a list for possible transfers.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE MY RACE?
First, login into Race Roster. There will be a transfer button that appears and gives you two options. To change your race, select to a new sub-event. From there, follow the listed instructions. If you are upgrading, you will pay the difference in the two races. If you are downgrading, there is no payment due unless it’s after December 31st. There is a $20 race change fee from January 1st – January 19th.
RACE CHANGE CALENDAR
- December 31st Final day to change your race online at no charge
- January 1 – 19th You may change your race online (fees apply).
- After January 19th All changes must be made at the Health & Fitness Expo during race.
To change your race after January 19th, you will need to pick up your runner bib first at the Expo and then head to the Solutions Desk. Please keep in mind we have capacity limits on all races, and that changing races will only be possible if we have not reached capacity in that distance.
There will be a $20 RACE CHANGE FEE with any applicable upgrade fee AFTER December 31st.
- Friday, Feb. 23th 11:30AM – 7:00PM
- Saturday, Feb. 24th 6:00AM – 5:00PM
WHAT IS THE COWTOWN CHALLENGE?
The Cowtown Challenge is for anyone registered who completes two races–one on Saturday and one on Sunday. If you register for your Sunday race first, you may then add your Saturday race on the same registration form. Doing it separately? No worries. As long as you are registered by the same name and birth date, our system will automatically recognize you as a Cowtown Challenge runner. As a Challenge runner, you will also receive a challenge bag and challenge finisher’s medal after your Sunday race.
WHAT IF I REGISTER FOR MY TWO RACES AT SEPARATE TIMES, WILL I STILL BE IN THE COWTOWN CHALLENGE?
Yes. As long as you are registered under the same name and date of birth for both races, our system will automatically recognize you as a challenge runner, no matter when you registered for your races.
DO YOU ALLOW STROLLERS?
Strollers are allowed for your children, provided you indicate this during your registration. Strollers are defined as something pushed, not pulled.
In addition to indicating on your registration that you plan to push your child in a stroller, we require you to start in the last corral, regardless of your pace. In the interest of safety for you, your child(ren) and all participants, you must use caution and yield the right of way to other runners.
CAN I USE MORE THAN ONE PROMO CODE ON THE SAME REGISTRATION?
No, only one promo code is allowed per registration.
IS THE COWTOWN MARATHON A BOSTON MARATHON QUALIFIER?
Yes, the Cowtown Marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifying event. The Cowtown Ultra Marathon is also a Boston Marathon qualifying event. We will have a timing mat to capture your marathon time at Mile 26.2 along the Ultra Marathon course.
I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT TO THE HEALTH & FITNESS EXPO. CAN I HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND PICK UP MY PACKET FOR ME?
Yes. To do so, they will need your full name, DOB, which race you’re registered for and bib number. Bib assignments will be sent out the week of the race.
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE OPEN?
The Full Marathon and Ultra Marathon courses are open for 7.5 hours.
The Half Marathon course is open 4.5 hours.
The 10K course is open 2.5 hours.
The Adults 5K and Kid’s 5K is open 1.5 hours.
DO YOU ALLOW WALKERS IN THE ULTRA MARATHON PRESENTED BY MILLER LITE, MARATHON OR HALF MARATHON?
Yes, walkers are welcome as long as they are able to complete the course within the cutoff time. The Ultra Marathon and Full Marathon will remain open and completely supported for 7.5 hours. The Half Marathon course will remain open and completely supported for 4.5 hours.
WILL THERE BE BAG CHECK AVAILABLE?
Bag check will be available prior to the race. Bags will be provided at packet pick up. Personal belongings will only be accepted in the clear bag check bags provided at packet pickup. No exceptions.
WILL THERE BE PACE LEADERS FOR THE ULTRA, MARATHON OR HALF MARATHON?
Yes. We have pace leaders for all marathon events. They will have a booth set up at the Health & Fitness Expo.
CAN I CHANGE WHICH CORRAL I START IN?
You will only be permitted to move backwards. For example, if you have been assigned Corral 2, you can start in Corral 3 if you’d like. However, you may not move forward into Corral 1.
DOES THE COWTOWN DONATE TO A CHARITY?
The Cowtown Marathon is a nonprofit organization promoting health and fitness in the community. By running Cowtown races, runners are supporting The C.A.L.F. (Children’s Activities for Life & Fitness) Program, which provides training to help children develop a lifelong love of fitness. A grant program is offered for students in need of funding their entries into the Kid’s 5K. In addition, these children are provided with school visits from our staff, where they are given training tools, instruction on nutrition and running tips, and quality running shoes to help them achieve their goals.
The Cowtown has partnerships with several local charities, in which runners raise funds for various causes, such as Alzheimer’s Association and Team Red, White and Blue.
WHERE ARE YOUR FLUID STATIONS ALONG THE COURSES?
The fluid stations are located approximately every 1.5 miles along the courses. Each fluid station will have water and an electrolyte replacement. There will be medical support and portalets at each station. Gu will also be available to Sunday runners at mile 7.5, 13, 17.5, and mile 23.
DO YOU ALLOW PETS TO RUN?
No. Due to the large number of runners on Saturday and Sunday, we do not allow pets on the course, for their safety and for the safety of all our runners.
Event Parking - 2018
Any PAID lots are $10. All other FREE lots are rented by The Cowtown.
PLEASE NOTE: The Arlington Heights neighborhood across Montgomery Street from Will Rogers has become a residential permit parking area only. The area covered is from Lafayette North to Watonga and extends roughly three blocks to the West off of Montgomery. Your car will be TOWED if you park here and we do not advertise this as a parking option. Please park in one of the lots or parking garages listed on the map.
For information about race weekend traffic impacts and road closures, click the button below.Traffic and Closures
Event Pace Teams - 2018
Pacers will be provided by The Cowtown and available for all marathon race events (Ultra, Full and Half). You can meet your Pace Leader before the race at the designated Pacer Booth at the Health & Fitness Expo to answer any pre-race questions. We will have a pacer table posted closer to the race.
Fluid Stations -2018
The fluid stations are located approximately 1.5 miles along the courses. Each fluid station will have water, 50/50 diluted Powerade. There will also be porta lets and medical support at each fluid station. There will be Energy Gels provided by GU at miles 5, 11, 15, 19, 21 and 23 for the Marathon distances.
SATURDAY FLUID STATIONS
- A – Monticello Dr. and Dorothy Ln. – 10K only
- B – Bailey Ave. and Rockwood Park Dr. – 10K only
- C – Shamrock Ave. and Wimberly St. – 10K only
- D – W. 7th St. and Foch St. – 10K only
- E – Trinity Park Dr. and Pavilion #5 in Trinity Park – 5K only
SUNDAY FLUID STATIONS
- 1 – Trinity Park Duck Pond. Stayton St. and Trinity Park Dr. (Appx. Mile 1.5 – H/F/U)
- 2 – Fort Worth Tire and Service. White Settlement Rd. and Boland St. (Appx. Mile 3.0 – H/F/U)
- 3 – Oakwood Cemetery. Grand Ave. and Lincoln Ave. (Appx. Mile 4.5 – H/F/U)
- 4 – Fire Station. Ellis Ave. and NW 22nd St. (Appx. Mile 6.0 – H/F/U)
- 5 (+ GU)– Cana’s and Flores Attorneys. N. Main St. and NW 14th St. (Appx. Mile 8.0 – H/F/U)
- 6 – N. Main St. and NW 5th St. (Appx. Mile 9.0 – H/F/U)
- 7 – Houston St. and W. 5th St. (Appx. Mile 10 – H/F/U)
- 8 – Child Study Center. W. Lancaster Ave. and Collier St. (Appx. Mile 11 – H only)
- 9 – Lonestar Banner and Flags 212 S Main St. (Appx. Mile 11 – F/U)
- 10 – Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders 800 W Magnolia Ave. (Appx. Mile 12 – F/U)
- 11(+GU) – Former Cowtown Office. 1612 Park Place Ave. (Appx. Mile 13 –F/U)
- 12 – Winton Terrace E. and Westcott Rd. (Appx Mile 14 – F/U)
- 13 – TCU School of Business. W. Lowden St. and Lubbock Ave. (Appx. Mile 15 – F/U)
- 14 – Bluebonnet Circle. Rogers Ave. and W. Biddison St. (Appx. Mile 16.5) – F/U)
- 15 (+ GU) – 3839 South Hills Cir. (Appx. Mile 18 – F/U)
- 16 – Foster Park. Trail Lake Dr. and Sierra Ct. (Appx. Mile 19 – F/U)
- 17 – Pebblebrook Ct. and Hartwood Dr. (Appx. Mile 20.5 – F/U)
- 18 – Colonial Golf Course. Country Club Cir. and Colonial Pkwy. (Appx. Mile 22 – F/U)
- 19 (+ GU) – Rogers Rd. and Riverfront Dr. (Appx. Mile 23 – F/U)
- 20 – Trinity Park. (Appx. Mile 24 – F/U)
- 21 (+ GU) – Trinity Trail 0 Mile Marker – HAWS Athletic (Appx. Mile 26.5 – U only)
- 22 – Trinity Trails Ultra Turnaround (Appx. Mile 27.5 – U only)
- 23 (+ GU) – Trinity Trail 0 Mile Marker – HAWS Athletic (Appx. Mile 28.5 – U only)
- 24 – Trinity Park. River Dr. and Trinity Park Dr. (Appx. Mile 25.5 – F / Mile 30.0 – U)
Our fluid stations are supported by a team of enthusiastic volunteers! For more information on how to volunteer at a fluid station, please email [email protected]